Product-friendly ultrasonic sealing process for the packaging industry
Our ultrasonic sealing system for vertical (VFFS) and horizontal (HFFS) form fill and seal machines delivers absolutely tight seals and is extremely material and energy efficient.
The cold tools compress the tubular bag for sealing. The ultrasonic vibrations of the sonotrodes then cause the molecular chains in the sealing area to break up, generating heat, and new compounds are formed. Sealing seams of outstanding quality are produced in a very short time.
The use of ultrasonic reduces the number of faulty seals, since the product itself does not heat up. In addition, filling material located in the sealing area is separated by the ultrasonic effect during the sealing process. The quality of the resulting seam and the barrier layers of the pouch film remain unaffected.
- Consistent sealing results in outstanding quality
- No distortion of the seams (hot tack)
- Expandable seam widths due to modular sonotrode systems
- Reduction of film consumption
- Narrow sealing seams (down to < 1 mm possible)
- Tight sealing of very thin films, even when wetted with filling material
- No destruction of barrier layers
- Significantly reduced production errors
- Reduction of maintenance effort
- Use in vertical (VFFS) and horizontal (HFFS) form, fill and seal machines
- Cold tools, no machine warm-up or cool-down times