Fast and precise cuts with low energy consumption
Not only nonwovens and textile fabrics, but also various foodstuffs can be precisely and cleanly separated or cut into by ultrasonic cutting. Depending on the application, the sonotrodes can be designed to cut vertically, horizontally or continuously (roll seam sonotrode). The sonotrodes as cutting tools are comparatively low-wear. Since they are cold, as in ultrasonic welding and punching, a wide variety of materials can be processed efficiently.
In the food industry, these are, for example, various types of cheese, baked goods and confectionery, raw dough or frozen goods. The respective sonotrodes precisely divide the product with the help of ultrasonic vibrations. The cutting itself is easier than with conventional knives due to the reduced force required by the oscillation of the cutting tool. Thus, there is no deformation due to crushing or squeezing of the food.
In the textile sector, ultrasonic cutting is characterized by the fact that the cut edges of the nonwovens or fabrics do not fray. Instead, they are sealed or fused with ultrasonic technology. In addition, a deliberate material imprint is created on the cut edges during cutting, so that the material becomes thinner.
SONOTRONIC uses the technology predominantly in special machines for various industries, e.g. also for separating nonwovens or fabrics in the automotive industry. In the textile and food industries, our ultrasonic systems and assemblies are mainly used for integration into existing machine concepts.
- Consistent punching and cutting quality
- Cleanly sealed cut edges without fraying
- No thickening of cut edges, no need for subsequent flattening
- Cut & seal for multilayer textiles
- Very good process control and reliability
- Low tool wear
- Cold punching and cutting tools
- Very short cycle times
- Increases production efficiency
- Simple, fast tool change
- Cutting to length, cutting and punching of technical textiles such as tension belts, airbags or dog leashes
- Cutting of belts
- Robot trimming for door panels
- Cutting seat foam for seat heating and flat ribbon cables
- 100 % precise cut - 0 % scrap
- Attractive cut appearance
- Shape retention
- Product-specific cutting geometries
- Cutting sonotrodes with low product adhesion and self-cleaning effect
- Cold cutting tools
- Reduction of maintenance and downtime
- Cutting of products almost independent of consistency
- Cutting and separating cakes, meringues and other baked goods
- Slitting and crosscutting of sponge cakes and confectioneries
- Cutting of cheese into slices or pieces
- Controlled cutting of pretzels