The SONOTRONIC brand for sustainable ultrasonic technology
The GREEN SONICS brand from SONOTRONIC stands for environmentally friendly and energy-efficient ultrasonic technology. It summarizes the advantages and aspects of sustainability.
Sustainability in ultrasonic welding, sealing and punching of plastics
Applicable in various industries (automotive, packaging, textile, environment)
The philosophy of SONOTRONIC GmbH
Since the company was founded in 1974, we have successfully developed and implemented systems and components for plastics processing based on environmentally friendly ultrasonic technology. The topic of environmental protection plays a major role for us: Thus, we not only implement the environmental certification according to EN ISO 14001 with a high level of commitment in our company, but also develop ultrasonic systems for the improvement of biogas production or waste water treatment in the business area of environmental technology.
We are aware of our special responsibility as a company towards future generations and have acted accordingly. Our CO₂ footprint is approximately 1,481 metric tons of CO₂-equivalent pollutants per year. We have offset the greenhouse gas emissions caused by our company by purchasing a total of 4,443 climate protection certificates for the years 2022-2024. With these certificates, we are supporting a bioenergy project in China that has been certified by CER (Certified Emission Reductions) under the sovereignty of the United Nations.
At the same time, we are constantly working on implementing measures within the company that contribute to reducing CO₂ emissions. For example, the lighting in the building has already been converted to LED daylight, and the compressed air requirements have been reduced, thus reducing the use of compressors in operations. We have set corporate climate protection targets with a sustainability master plan.
GREEN SONICS - covers all divisions and industries in which SONOTRONIC is active.
Sustainable plastics processing
Environmentally friendly and energy saving
Processing plastics with ultrasonic not only has advantages in the process, but is also significantly more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly compared to processing with other thermal methods - in other words, GREEN SONICS throughout.
- Low energy consumption compared to other thermal processes.
- 1/4 of the electrical energy requirement, i.e. 75 percent less CO₂ pollution
- Very short process times
- Energy supply not continuous, but only during welding time
- Cold tools
- No machine warm-up times
- No combustion residues of the plastic or the packaged goods on the ultrasonic tools
- No environmental or personal pollution due to harmful gases from burnt plastics
Sustainable packaging technology
In packaging technology, the GREEN SONICS advantages are particularly effective. In addition to the energy savings during the manufacturing process with ultrasonic, this can be further optimized through reduction of the required packaging materials and less faulty production.
- Significantly lower production errors
- No thermal influence on the filling material
- Consistently high quality of the seams without influencing the barrier layers of the films
- Airtight sealing even with contaminated surfaces
- Reduction of packaging materials
- Only small film overhang due to narrow seams
- Processing of very thin films possible, both coex and mono films
- No sealing lacquers necessary
Sustainable environmental technology
Increased efficiency for biogas or wastewater treatment plants
We put GREEN SONICS into practice in environmental technology with our ultrasonic systems for improving biogas production or wastewater treatment. Here, the advantages of ultrasonic technology are not used to process plastics, but to treat and process biosolids, such as wastewater and biogas.
- Use in wastewater treatment plants
- Reduction of digestion time
- Reduction of residual sludge
- Increase of biogas production
- Reduction of operating costs
- Elimination of operational problems
- Application in biogas plants
- Increase of biogas production
- Increase of the decomposition rate
- Improvement of biogas quality
- Other applications
- Disinfection of process and waste water
- Disinfection of drinking water
The ultrasonic systems themselves have a low energy consumption, are extremely effective and manage the digestion of extremely resistant cellulose cells of biomass with a low wear and tear and long durability of the systems. It is therefore an all-round environmentally friendly GREEN SONICS product.
for textile and automotive
Eco-materials and new processes
Even when processing textiles made of synthetic fibers or plastic parts in the automotive sector, our ultrasonic technologies are completely in line with GREEN SONICS: environmentally friendly, energy-saving and applicable for various fields.
- Development of new environmentally friendly technologies, e.g. ultrasonic washing of textiles
- Processing of materials made from renewable raw materials (RRM) possible
- Joining of materials made of RRM with plastics by ultrasonic riveting
- Welding of coated materials made of RRM
- Welding or separating of most bioplastics
- Possibility of sorted disposal, since no additives are necessary for joining
- No contamination of the ultrasonic tools